IT infrastructure and solutions are an important tool for any organisation. For GSL, ask it is a core function; the group’s IT department is actually resident in our offices. Our IT systems are already helping us in our goals to be No.1 in quality and customer satisfaction; by enabling flexibility and agility, we are able to offer our clients bespoke solutions, according to their needs.
GSL’s best-of-breed IT solutions are fully integrated into our warehousing, distribution and logistics functions and processes, enabling us to deliver highly efficient and cost effective services to our clients, such as:
- Supplying comprehensive client specific decision-making reports, to give our clients 24/7 real time and accurate visibility
- Real time, end-to-end traceability and visibility of stock movement; product age, best before dates, turnaround times and much more
- Offering customised and bespoke warehousing solutions (via our highly flexible and agile WMS)
- Our RF infrastructure, which adds automation value, resulting in reduced operation cycle time.
- Providing; customized alerts, analysis reports, inventory controls along with web-based order entry
- Integration with our clients ERP/IT
Every industry has its own logistics requirements and we have created IT solutions to meet those specific needs. These IT solutions are actually solution sets in their own right. Furthermore, we have the flexibility and ability to ‘tune’ our standard industry solutions to meet the particular needs of any of our current and potential clients.
Our highly flexible Warehouse Management System (WMS) monitors the stocking levels and movement of all products from receiving to delivery, with real-time status. We give our clients 24/7 online access to monitor their inventory and business performance, enabling them to also cost-effectively manage their related processes and systems.
This WMS technology also offers:
- Web-enabled order entry,
- Customised alerts
- Just-in-Time (JIT)/KANBAN monitoring solution,
- Business Intelligence analysis,
- Inventory controls,
- Automated invoicing
- and Much More.